About Your Skin-accessory
Applying and removing your skin-accessory is really kinda easy! Just take note of our tips below and you will be a pro in no time! Our packaging envelope comes with the instructions as well as a little skin-accessory tester so that you can try it out first!
Before you begin:
- If this is your first rodeo, give yourself a trial run with the skin-accessory tester first.
- Decide where you want to place the skin-accessory. All skin-accessories are tagged with recommended placements suggested by the Creatives themselves so if you can't decide, you can always trust them.
- Very important! Ensure that your skin is clean, dry and free of oils or makeup before applying your skin-accessory or it won't stick!
- With the clear, protective top sheet still on, you can cut your skin-accessory into separate pieces and apply them individually
- Prepare some water and washcloth or cotton pad.
Step 1: Peel it!
Peel off the protective top sheet of your skin-accessory without touching the sticky surface under the top sheet.
Step 2: Stick it!
Press the skin-accessory firmly onto your clean and dry skin with the design (sticky side) facing down.
Step 3: Wet it!
Hold a wet washcloth/cotton pad against the back of the skin-accessory and press down firmly (no wiggling and keep the backing paper still!) until the backing paper is fully soaked and semi-transparent. This takes approximately 20 seconds! Please don't rush... you have already come so far!
Step 4: Peek and Peel it again!
Sneak a peek to make sure that the design has transferred to your skin. Gently peel off the backing paper and allow the design to dry without touching it for a couple of minutes.
Step 5: Wet it again... before drying it!
Rinse with water and pat dry lightly. Now say hello to your newly accessorized skin!
Removing your skin-accessory is roughly about 10 times easier than applying it. Cover your skin-accessory with either household rubbing alcohol (isopropyl) or baby oil and wait about 10 seconds. Gently rub away the skin-accessory with a cotton pad. Alternatively, you can use transparent household tape to lift the skin-accessory from your dry skin. See, isn't it simple?
Our skin-accessories are certified safe and non-toxic! However, you shouldn't apply the skin-accessory near the eyes or on sensitive skin. If you are allergic to adhesive, you shouldn't apply our skin-accessories or any other type of transfer tattoos. We know, what a bummer right?
If applied properly, your skin-accessory should last at least 1 to 3 days before it starts to fade. With a little extra care, they can last 1 or 2 days longer. Check out the following tips to maintain your gorgeous skin-accessory:
- Try to place your skin-accessory on areas of your skin that are flatter and without a lot of body hairs to ensure that the skin-accessory transfer properly to your skin.
- Skin-accessories placed on areas that you use frequently (such as your hands and feet) won't last as long.
- Our skin-accessories are waterproof and resistant to most soaps but constant and prolonged contact with water will fade them that much quicker.
- To eliminate any stickiness or shine after you apply your skin-accessory, dust a little translucent powder over it.
- The skin-accessories may feel sticky at times due to perspiration or in humid conditions. If this happens, just wet your skin-accessory with water and pat it dry completely.
- Avoid rubbing body oils, lotions or sunscreen on your skin-accessory.
- Avoid rubbing your skin-accessory. Period.